P2HD Handheld Camcorder which features AVC-ULTRA codecs, microP2 card compatibility, and wired and wireless network capabilities. It’s ergonomic, compact and intuitive design takes inspiration from our field-proven professional shoulder-mount cameras.
- 1/3-type 2.2 megapixel 3MOS sensor with a 22x optical zoom and 28mm wide-angle lens for superb quality of image
- Built-in AVC ULTRA recording that features AVC-Intra 200/500/50 and AVC-LongG50/25/12
- Dual microP2 card slots for cost efficient microP2 cards & simultaneous recording capabilities
- Network workflow connectivity with LAN connection as standard
- High quality 10bit/4:2:2 recording video recording at 50Mbps or 25Mbps
The AJ-PX270 is the first P2 HD handheld camcorder combining the high quality and incredible efficiency of low bit rate AVC-ULTRA recording and the flexibility of a 3G/4G/LTE wireless mobility. The 5-pound PX270 provides all the key functionality of the high-end; shoulder-mount camera (AJ-PX5000 P2 HD with AVC-ULTRA). It features newly-developed high-sensitivity; low-noise 1/3 type 3MOS imagers to produce stunning pictures; even in low lighting conditions.
A revolutionary new handheld camera with the DNA of a broadcast camera.
With its innovative AVC-ULTRA codec; the AJ-PX270 features both low-bitrate and normal recordings. For high-quality recording; the camera records in 100Mbps AVC-Intra100; as well as 200 Mbps AVC-ULTRA Class 200 (optional). For applications where file size is critical; e.g.; for wireless feeds; the PX270 records in low-bit rate AVC-LongG for extended recording and AVC-LongG25 enables extended 1920 x 1080 10-bit 4:2:2 broadcast-quality recording (four times longer than AVC-Intra100 for the same memory space).
A newly designed; compact; 22X zoom lens offers a wide 28 mm to tele 616 mm (35mm equivalent) zoom range. Its three manual operation lens rings, zoom, focus, and iris — provide a comfortable manual control similar to interchangeable lenses; but without the need for actual lens changes. The zoom ring’s solid feel and smooth action allow delicate ultra-slow zooming.
In addition; the camera’s multi-step zoom control provides fast response and smooth zoom action; providing the creative freedom every camera operator wants. And the zoom control on the handle enables variable speed zoom; allowing fine zoom control even for low angle shots.
Networking functions are included as standard, and options are available to allow for proxy video to be automatically uploaded to the cloud and for compatibility with a planned cloud workflow; allowing immediate editing from a remote location.
The PX270 features a Wireless LAN function via an optional Wireless LAN dongle and supports the existing Panasonic live uplink solutions. Dongle support for wireless workflow over a mobile 3G/4G/LTE network is also scheduled for the near future. Thanks to these wireless features; users of the AJ-PX270 can easily uplink low-bit rate proxy data and full quality broadcast content. The handheld camera’s network function makes the production work-flow more efficient and accelerates the broadcasting work-flow from shooting to on-air.
Two microP2 card slots enable the ultimate cost-effective operation. The microP2 card; with the same reliability as the P2 card; can be used without an adapter.
- Industry’s first OLED viewfinder for true-to-life tones and zero lag or smear; and the industry’s first 1.56-megapixel high-resolution LCD monitor
- 3G SDI to support 1080 60p video output
- Variable frame rates in 1080-59.94p in 25 steps from 1fps to 60fps; including 24fps; 25fps and 30 fps
- An XLR connector is conveniently located at the rear; off to the side for easier cable connection during handheld shooting
- Gain control
- In another industry first; the audio recording level control is located towards the front for easy adjustment during shooting