Get streaming fast with the AW-HN38H Professional PTZ camera. Take advantage of Professional level features at an entry-level price. Everything you need to take your live production to the next level is in here!
- Built in Support for NDI via NDI|HX
- 22x Optical Zoom plus 30x i.Zoom & 16x Digital Zoom
- PoE+ for Single Cable Power, Control, Streaming & Tally
- 1/2.3″ MOS Sensor / 1000 Lines Horizontal Resolution
- HDMI Output
Harness the power of NDI with Panasonic’s lineup of professional PTZ cameras. Our N-Series model cameras now have built-in support of NDI via a highly efficient NDI|HX mode, requiring no external conversion of any kind.
The AW-HN38H professional PTZ camera features an exceptional 22x optical zoom range, with the ability to push it to 30x i.Zoom and 16x digital zoom.
All the functionality of conventional connections is now practical through the use of PoE+. Not only is set-up simplified, but via a single cable, you’ll get power, control, ultra-low latency video, and tally. And, thanks to NDI, automatic camera discovery makes it all come together.
Enter the World of P.T.Z.
The AW-HN38 camera is designed to produce great results in a variety of applications that require high-quality video and precise control—such as conference video, event capture, staging, distance learning and houses-of-worship. Thanks to their precision 22X optical zoom lenses, wide field of view, smooth PTZ functions and exceptional image quality, HN38 cameras are ideal for demanding remote production and IMAG use. With IP-Preview transmission and control, and support for PoE+ (which allows power to be supplied via a LAN cable), the HN38 also offers the flexibility needed for easy installation and management.
It’s All in The Optics
In addition to a 22x optical zoom, the AW-HN38 also features intelligent zoom up to 30x and a 1.4x digital extender to capture crisp close-ups even in large auditoriums and lecture halls. The HN38 delivers an impressive signal-to-noise ratio of 54dB (F4/2000lx, minimum illumination, .35 lx), 1000 TV lines of resolution and 16-axis color matrix control for precise camera “painting” and matching. The HN38 already includes many innovative standard features developed to expand the capabilities of professional video system users. In addition to Panasonic’s Dynamic Range Stretch (DRS) and advanced Digital Noise Reduction (DNR), an ingenious High Dynamic Range (HDR) mode helps to produce very good video even in extreme contrast and lighting conditions.
See in the Dark
For shooting in virtually total darkness, the HN38’s Night Mode makes it possible to automatically switch to the capture of high-quality, HD monochrome video with the use of an (optional) IR illuminator in the 850nm range, making the camera ideal for reality show production, sleep lab research and staging support.
Versatile, Smooth & Lightweight
The pan range of ±175° and the tilt range of -30° to +90° cover a wide shooting area. Pan and tilt operate at a maximum speed of 90°/second and respond quickly
to remote control operation. They operate quietly at a sound level of NC35 or lower. Up to 100 preset positions and camera settings are stored in the camera, more than enough for the most demanding large venue installation. The camera weighs only 3.3 lbs. and consumes just over 14.4 watts at 12 VDC.
Connected – Professional Interfacing for all Sorts of Remote Production
Video Outputs: Standard professional interfaces include HDMI, as well as IP/Network for single cable delivery of high-quality content up to 1080/60p.
Audio Input: Audio input and embedding (on IP, HDMI) are also available via a switchable, stereo MIC/LINE input.
Serial Control: RS-422 serial compatibility is available for serial-based control workflows (i.e. connection to AW-RP50/120 or previous controllers). RS-232 and RS-422 VISCA protocol is available when introducing a Panasonic camera into an existing control structure.
USB or microSD Card Recording: The mini-USB connector allows the AW-HN38 to be utilized as a USB camera utilizing standard USB Video/Audio class drivers. Many applications that connect to USB cameras, such as teleconferencing or software switching solutions, will be able to connect to the HN38 without external converters. Alternatively, microSD recording enables ISO MP4/H.264 recording internally in the HN38, transfer of content over the network via web browser or FTP.
Network Connected: The LAN port on the HN38 unleashes the possibilities
- Power of Ethernet+ (PoE+) for easier system installation and setup
- Control the camera via the network with an AW-RP50/120 hardware controller or Panasonic software solutions
- Access the built-in web interface to monitor and control all aspects of the camera
- Utilize a supported third-party control system from broadcast control systems, switchers, lecture capture systems, AV Control system and more
- By default, the camera has a built-in H.264/MJPEG encoder for 7 channels of encoding up to 25Mbps. Pair with a supported hardware or software decode
- Built-in NDI|HX (a technology of NewTek Inc.) for the ultimate single cable production workflow with ultra-low latency video, audio, control, tally, and power over a single cable
Flexible Installation & Mounting
Blend-in: The camera is exceptionally easy to integrate and is available in two colors (-W: pearl white and -K: black matte) to suit a wide range of applications.
Ceiling Mount: A twist-lock ceiling mount is included as a standard accessory.
Tripod Mount for Mobile Production: The HN38 is also equipped with a 1/4-20 tripod mounting screw receptacle and a safety lanyard for use with many mounting and grip systems.
Wall Mount: An optional heavy-duty wall mount is available in either black (FEC-40WMK) or white (FEC-40WMW).
We’re All N – The Ultimate NDI®|HX PTZ Camera
Harness the power of NDI® with Panasonic’s lineup of professional PTZ cameras. Our N Series model cameras now have built-in support of NDI® via a highly efficient NDI®|HX mode, requiring no external conversion of any kind.
- Single Cable: All the functionality of conventional connections is now practical through the use of PoE+. Not only is set-up simplified, but via a single cable, you’ll get power, control, ultra-low latency video, and tally. And, thanks to NDI®, automatic camera discovery makes it all come together.
- Redundancy: Production workflows are mission critical. Introduce redundancy to your workflow by utilizing NDI®|HX and baseband video (HDMI and/or HD-SDI) simultaneously.
- Multicast: Panasonic cameras with NDI®|HX support multicast, meaning you don’t utilize extra bandwidth when multiple clients access the stream.
- Audio Input: The HN38H features a TRS-mini stereo audio input for embedding audio into the NDI® feed.
NDI®: Network Device Interface, a technology of NewTek, Inc.