Canon lenes: Compact-Servo 18-80mm T4.4 EF vs EF 24-105mm f/4 IS USM Comparison Tests_1920x1080 from Brent Ramsey on Vimeo.
The COMPACT-SERVO 18-80mm T4.4 EF-mount lens combines the benefits of compact size and light weight (only 2.7 lbs.) for outstanding mobility. Designed to shoot video, this lens can be ideal for the cinematographer moving up from our EF lenses, combining the functionality of our EF lenses with the video shooting features of our Cinema lenses.
Acknowledging the need to control zoom, focus and iris/aperture, Canon has developed this zoom lens with full external servo control for drama, documentary and other video productions. The servo drive unit is compatible with industry-standard lens controllers including Canon’s standard broadcast lens controllers (ZSD-300D/FPD-400D). The optional ZSG-C10 grip designed exclusively for this lens adds additional flexibility for the ENG style “run-and-gun” video shooter.
Our first Cinema style lens that incorporates both an Image Stabilization function and Auto Focus function, the lens is also fully 4K-ready, with a high optical resolution and support for Super35mm large-format cameras. A 9-blade aperture diaphragm helps ensure an artistic and beautiful representation of out-of-focus areas (or “Bokeh”). The lens also features a 4.4x zoom magnification, a focal length range of 18mm to 80mm, and a 180º smooth rotating focus ring.
Overall, the video features and functionality of the COMPACT-SERVO 18-80mm T4.4 EF-mount lens make it an ideal choice for a wide range of professional video shooting environments.
Lens Design Optimized for Video Acquisition
Broad Focal Length Coverage
- Covering the commonly used focal length, 18mm to 80mm
- Maintains focus throughout the zoom range
- Performance that is stable across the entire zoom range
- Brightness across the entire zoom range constant at T4.4 (equal to F4.0)
High Level 4K Optical Performance
- Optical performance that is commensurate with 4K cameras with S35 format sensors
- Same Color Characteristics as the existing Cinema Lens lines
Iris Mechanism for Motion Picture
- Seamless Control Capability with iris ring
- 9-Blade Iris
- Iris Closing
- Auto Iris available*
Minimized Focus Breathing
Servo Capability in a Compact Lightweight Design
Newly Developed Servo Drive Unit
- Servo Control Capability for all zoom, focus and iris
- Power provided via camera mount*
- Compatible with broadcast style servo lens controllers
- Optional ZSG-C10 Grip for shoulder mount applications
Compact (182.3mm in Length) and Lightweight (2.65 lbs.) for Increased Mobility and Versatility
Supports a Wide Range of Optional Accessories
Enhanced Compatibility with our Cinema EOS Digital Cameras
Auto Focus Function*
- Continuous AF
- One-Shot AF
- Focus Guide
Other EF Functions*
- Remote Control of Zoom, Focus and Iris via Camera
- REC Start/Stop from ZSG-C10 Grip Unit
- Peripheral Illumination Correction
- Chromatic Aberration Correction
- Lens Meta Data Record
- T Number/F Number Display Select
Compatible with EF-mount Cameras only