JVC cameras have become the standard for fast paced ENG leading the industry in on-board streaming and IP connectivity. The GY-HM660 is JVC’s latest and most advanced handheld mobile news camera. Small and light enough to be used anywhere, this camera surpasses the performance of many traditional ENG style units and offers reliable, high quality streaming without the use of a backpack or external encoder. Dual codecs make it possible to record full HD on solid state memory and at the same time stream the footage for live broadcast.
The GY-HM660’s long (23x) wide angle lens is perfect for fast paced ENG. The camera offers superb low light performance with F12 sensitivity at @2000 lux
The GY-HM660 has JVC’s latest streaming engine employing Zixi or SMPTE 2022 forward error correction (FEC). And it’s the world’s first camcorder with a built-in IFB audio channel. Zixi advanced streaming is included and provides forward error correction, automatic repeat request, and adaptive bitrate control. Multiple Zixi enabled cameras are easily managed with the optional ProHD Broadcaster (BR-800). The camera also provides an RTMP stream for content delivery networks such as FaceBook, USTREAM and YouTube. Transmission at selected resolutions, bitrates and formats is possible independent of the recording mode. Stream 1920 x 1080 (3, 5 or 12 Mpbs), 1280 x 720 (1.5 or 3Mbps) or 480i (0.8, 0.2 Mbps).
- Newly designed 1/3-inch 12-bit CMOS sensors (1920 x 1080 x 3)
- F12 Sensitivity —Improved
- 23x Fujinon Auto focus zoom lens with manual functions
F1.6-3.0, 23x, f=4.1-94.3mm (35mm conversion:29 to 667mm)
- Optical image stabilizer
- 3 position ND filter (1/4, 1/16, 1/64)
- 0.45-inch 1.22M pixel color viewfinder
- New, brighter 3.5-inch 920K pixel LCD display with focus assist —Upgraded
- SDXC/SDHC memory card recording(2 slots for dual-backup, continuous recording)
- Large file size support with SDXC card
- 50Mbps H.264 Extreme High Quality mode (XHQ)
- Dual Codec: Recording simultaneously HD + SD or HD + 480 x 270 (for Web delivery)
- Live streaming w/advanced Zixi error correction and adaptive bitrate control
- SMPTE 2022 Forward Error Correction —New Feature!
- Streaming withstands up to 50% packet loss in new high reliability mode—New Feature!
- RTMP protocol lets you stream directly to JVC VIDEOCLOUD, USTREAM, YouTube
- High bitrate streaming (up to 12 Mbps)
- Background FTP clip transfers while recording
- Clip trimmer (basic editor)
- Multiple encoding formats:
- HD MPEG2 (35/25/19Mbps)
- AVCHD 1920×1080 60i
- 1080/60p recording capability
- SD H.264
- 480×270 H.264 (web)
- 960×540 H.264 mode
- Wide media format compatibility:
- .MXF with rich Metadata (optimized for asset management)
- .MOV (Final Cut Pro)
- .MP4 (XDCAM EX™)
- AVCHD with additional lower bitrate AVCHD modes
- Professional switch layout and comprehensive video settings
- Pre Rec (retro) mode (15 sec.)
- Interval (time lapse) recording
- Built-in stereo microphone
- Interruptable Foldback (IFB) audio channel* —New Feature!
- 2-channel balanced audio inputs (mic/line switchable) w/phantom power supply
- HD/SD-SDI, HDMI Outputs
- Wired remote control connector (LANC/Control-L)
- Record UTC and position from built-in GPS
- Enhanced web interface for remote viewing of camera images & wireless remote control from a smartphone, tablet or PC
- Compatible with ProHD Broadcaster and Cloud server
- Extensive metadata recording capability. Even allows insertion of metadata from remote web client!
- FTP file upload via WiFi or Broadband
- Secure FTP (SFTP or FTPS)
- High performance 2D DNR